CWB Group ("CWB Group") is committed to protecting your online privacy while providing you with excellent service
To develop a business partnership with you, we require specific personal information to provide the requested products, services and advice. Depending on your business needs, the information that we gather about you varies. We define "personal information" as information oral, electronic or written about an identifiable individual, including (but not limited to)
- Name, address and telephone number
- Email address
- Vision test results
- Educational qualifications
- Employment history
- Credit card information
- Exam/test results
Common purposes for which we collect this information are to:
- Identify you
- Assess your eligibility
- Provide you with products and services, facilitate communications, and to respond to enquiries
- Provide technical information to you
- Provide proof of qualifications
- Publish our certification directory, newsletters, etc.
- To ensure you meet the requirements of applicable standards
- Government requirements
- Corporate governance activities
As a valued client of the CWB Group, you have the right to access your personal information and request changes if required. It is your legal right to choose not to provide us with some or all of your personal information, or to deny us the use for disclosure of your information for certain purposes. Should you exercise this right, we will not unreasonably withhold requested products or services; however, certain information must be provided in order to supply the requested products or services.
We may disclose your information within the Divisions of the CWB Group. Before using your personal information for any purpose other than those listed, we will explain the purpose and obtain your consent. We do not sell client lists or disclose your personal information except where required by law.
Information may be released to CWB Group's clients concerning their own files as directed by the client.
Securing Your Personal Information
Employees are responsible for protecting YOUR proprietary information and confidential data against loss, theft or misuse. All employees agree to this when they sign the document "Standards of Business Conduct". In order to protect your personal information and right to privacy, we will:
- Retain the information only for as long as we need it to fulfill the stated purpose or as required by law
- Maintain your personal information in as accurate, complete and up to date a form as possible
- Respond to requests you make to access or correct the personal information we hold about you
- Safeguard your information in a secure environment and limit access to those who "need to know"
Obtaining Your Consent
By using this Site, you give the CWB Group permission to collect information about the pages served to you as an anonymous user for the purpose of calculating aggregate site statistics.
If you are under the age of 18, you must not provide your name, e-mail address, or any other identifying information without the consent of your parent or guardian, or as otherwise provided for by the applicable laws in your Province/State of residence.
We are committed to treating you with respect and courtesy, and to providing the highest level of service. Please contact our Privacy Officer at 1-800-844-6790 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you:
- Wish to access your personal information
- Wish to change your consent to the ways in which we may collect, use or disclose your personal information
- Have a complaint about our privacy policies, or the manner in which we handled your personal information
- Have any other questions about our privacy policies
We will respond to you promptly and do our utmost to resolve your concern.