Welding Inspector Level 2
This course is designed for Level 1 Welding Inspectors who want to further increase their knowledge of inspection and testing techniques. This course is 52.5 hours in length.
What’s Involved and What do I Get?
- World-class teaching and knowledge from our CWB instructors
- An opportunity to network with other welding professionals
- Upon successful completion of the course the participant will receive a Certificate and an Examination Transcript (70% passing grade is required)
Successful completion of the course and module examinations will allow you to write a shorter version of the Level 2 “closed book” theory examination on Welding Fundamentals and Welding Inspection. The opportunity to complete all 8 module examinations required to obtain the “Special Program for Welding Inspectors – Level 2” certificate is available during the course. The opportunity to write the CSA W178.2 examinations is available during Day 8 - application form (Form 450) must be submitted to the CWB 2 weeks prior to the course start date in order to confirm eligibility to write the certification exams. CSA Standard W178.2 requires candidates have 2 years of visual welding inspection experience as a certified Level 1 Welding Inspector.
The following topics will be covered:
- Power Sources for Welding
- Residual Stress and Distortion
- Introduction to Welding Metallurgy
- Mechanical Testing of Welds
- Surface Inspection
- Radiographic Inspection
- Ultrasonic Inspection
- Welding Metallurgy of Stainless Steel
The course includes a review of these topics (having these modules is beneficial)
- Welding Processes & Equipment
- Electrodes & Consumables
- Basic Metallurgy & Material Specification
The in-class presentations are based on the 2010 version of the CWB modules.
- Level 1 Certification to CSA W178.2
- 2 years of experience as a certified Level 1 welding inspector.
|Welding Inspector Level 2||April 4 - 13, 2017||Nisku||$1,780.00|
|Welding Inspector Level 2||May 24 - June 2, 2017||Nisku||$1,780.00|
|Welding Inspector Level 2||June 19 - 28, 2017||Nisku||$1,780.00|
|Welding Inspector Level 2||August 9 - 18, 2017||Nisku||$1,780.00|
|Welding Inspector Level 2||September 6 - 15, 2017||Milton||$1,780.00|
|Welding Inspector Level 2||November 15 - 24, 2017||Nisku||$1,780.00|
|Welding Inspector Level 2||December 12 - 21, 2017||Nisku||$1,780.00|